Employees who pay for parking at transit or at work can use pre-tax dollars to pay for the purchase. For example, if you pay for daily parking in the 500 Pasteur - Pasteur Staff Garage (PSG) for $12/day using the Stanford Medicine Parking app, you can save 30-40% on up to $300/month of parking expenses by loading your pre-tax dollars on a Commuter Check Prepaid Mastercard to pay for the parking.
To start using pre-tax dollars to pay for parking, sign up for Commuter Benefits online.
STEP 1 (Create an account)
- Go to https://login.commuterbenefits...
- Select “Employee”, then click “New User Sign Up”
- When promted to enter Company ID, please enter:
- SHC Employees- 1556
- LPCH Employees- 1554
- Fill out the information as prompted.
- Your user name is your work email address. Follow the steps to create a password.
Please Note: Before you begin the next process, ensure that your delivery address is accurate by taking the following steps:
- Click on “My Account”. A drop-down menu will appear
- Click on ‘My Profile’
- Click on “Delivery Address” and confirm if the address listed is current
STEP 2 (Place an order for the Commuter Check Prepaid Mastercard®)
- From the side menu, select “Place an order”
- Select “Parking”
- Enter your home and work zip code, then click “Next”
- Select “I pay with a Debit/Credit Card”
- Select “Commuter Check Prepaid Mastercard®”
- Enter your order details (the minimum order is $10), create a 4-digit activation code, and enter your date of birth. You can choose to automatically place this order each month
- Review your order. If everything is correct, click “Place Order”
- A confirmation will display that your order has been placed Orders must be placed by the 9th of the preceding month. For example, to receive an order in March, place your order by February 9th.
Please remember to keep track of your account balances online to make sure your pre-tax deductions do not exceed your expenses. Adjust your orders, as necessary, so you do not accumulate excess funds. Federal tax code specifies that pre-tax deductions are non-refundable